Some venues may have limited availability. Please contact us at 801-972-1326 for more information.
The intersection at 1730 South and 5600 West (Mountain View Corridor) has experienced occasional closures. For consistent access to Lee Kay, take the 7200 West exit off the 2100 South Freeway and head east on the frontage road.
Starting Sept. 1, we are extending our hours of operation on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. To help our customers get ready for the hunts, the 25/75 yard range, the 100/200/300 yard range and the archery range will be open until 7 p.m.
Saturdays are still 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sundays are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
To help with the flow of people during this busy time, we have changed the entrance to the 100/200/300 yard range. Customers using the 200/300 yard range will check in at the west gate. 100 yard range customers will check in at the east gate. Both have signs indicating where to check in. "Hit Your Target" will be the middle gate.
If you are sighting in your rifle yourself, we ask that you start on the 25 yard range to get "on paper." You can then move to the 100 yard range to fine tune it.
Lee Kay Public Shooting Range rules
Shotgun range rules
Safe firearm handling practices are required at the Lee Kay Public Shooting Range. Enjoyable experiences at the range demand it and lives depend on it. Your compliance to these rules is appreciated by our staff, volunteers and guests.
- ALL shooters and guests must check in at the office.
- Carry all uncased firearms with the action open and the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Only 7½, 8 or 9 size shot, maximum of 1,300 feet per second, is allowed on all fields and the pattern board.
- Trap — Only load one shell in your firearm (the only exception is doubles) and only one shot for one bird on trap.
- Skeet and 5-stand — You may load no more than two shells in your firearm.
- Game shooting such as "pick a piece," Annie Oakley, "buddy," "knock-out" or other similar games are not allowed.
- Up to five people are allowed on a field, but only one person may shoot at a time.
- Hearing and eye protection is required for everyone while on the range, whether shooting or observing. "On the range" is considered north of the sidewalk.
- Actions must remain open until your turn to shoot.
- No slugs, buckshot or home defense loads.
- Only shoulder-fired shotguns are allowed on the range.
- When an orange cone is on top of the house, it is either being loaded or worked on. Please step back from the line and open your action.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Smoking is not allowed on the ranges.
- The speed limit in the parking lot and on the property is 10 mph.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Youth under 16 must be under adult supervision at all times.
- No steel shot on the patterning board. Stand-ups and cardboard are available for patterning steel shot.
- Please pick up empty hulls and boxes.
We are looking forward to helping you have a safe, fun, enjoyable experience when you come out to shoot with us. Please familiarize yourself with our rules and let us know if you have any questions.