Some venues may have limited availability. Please contact us at 801-972-1326 for more information.
Lee Kay Public Shooting Range
Conveniently located in the Salt Lake Valley
The Lee Kay Public Shooting Range is a full-service public range owned and operated by the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. The shooting center has seven outdoor ranges that are open year round. Lee Kay also features dog training grounds, shooting clinics and Hunter Education classes.
Location & contact
Dates & hours
Please be sure to check in one hour before the range closes.
- Wednesday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Thursday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m. for rifle and handgun ranges; 10 a.m.–8 p.m. for shotgun and archery ranges
- Friday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
Lee Kay is closed on all state and federal holidays.
Ranges and activities
Archery, handgun, muzzleloader, rifle, shotgun, Hunter Education
Firearms and archery tackle
- Adult day pass (16 years and older): $5.00
- Youth day pass (15 years and under): $2.00
- Trap round: $6.00 (25 birds per round)
- Skeet round: $6.00 (25 birds per round)
- Five-stand round: $7.00 (25 birds per round)
Organizations operating at this range
- Mountain Men of the Wasatch
- Valley Clays
- Great Salt Lake Skeet Club
- Riverton Shooting Club
- Utah Precision Marksmanship Society